Preparation and cooking time: 50 mins
Carrots : 2 (big)
Milk : 1 lt
Sugar : According to your choice
Elachi powder : ½ table spoon
Saffron (optional) : few strands
Cashwenuts : 6
Almonds : 6
1. Steam the carrots, cool and puree.
2. Soak cashew nuts and almonds together for 10 minutes in milk. Grind them into a smooth paste.
3. Bring milk to boil. Reduce heat, add sugar and stir till it’s completely dissolved.
4. Add the carrot paste to the milk, combine well and let it cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the nuts paste, and elachi powder. Combine well. Turn off heat after 2 minutes and cool completely.
6. Blend the cooled mixture till you get a smooth consistency.
7. Serve warm or chilled.
Note : You can use 4 tablespoons of condensed milk along with the nut paste to further enhance the flavor.
Benefits of carrot : Carrots are nutritional heroes, they store a goldmine of nutrients. No other vegetable or fruit contains as much carotene as carrots, which the body converts to vitamin A. They are an excellent source of potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, thiamine, folic acid, and magnesium. Carrots are also rich in dietary fibre and antioxidants.