I think you all know how to prepare dosa batter. I use rice flour to prepare the batter. Here is my recipe of erra karam masala dosa, which has a spread of erra karam chutney and a spoonful of potato fry on dosa. You can also find the recipes of erra karam chutney and potato fry in this blog. Hope you like this dosa 🙂
Urad dal : 1 cup
Rice flour : 2 cups
Methi seeds : 1 tablespoon (Optional)
Cooking soda : 1 pinch
Salt : To taste
Erra karam chutney : 1 spoonful
Potato fry : 1 spoonful
1. Soak the rice flour, methi seeds and urad dal for 3 hours separately.
2. Grind methi seeds and Urad dal into a fine paste.
3. Mix it with rice flour and leave the mixture to ferment overnight.
4. Add pinch of cooking soda and required amount of salt to the fermented batter.
5. Pour a ladleful of dosa batter in the centre of the hot tava and spread the batter to form a thin circle. Drizzle oil along the edges of dosa and let it cook on medium heat. Now take a tablespoonof the erra karam chutney and spread all over the open side of the dosa. Now put a spoonful of potato fry in the middle.
6. Fold and serve hot.