This is yet another simple and tasty dish. The roasted masala peanuts is a perfect accompaniment for an evening cup of tea/coffee. Don’t over fry the peanuts lest they become hard. Peanuts remain fresh if stored in an air-tight container.
Peanuts : 1 cup, unskinned
Turmeric powder : 1 pinch (optional)
Asafoetida/hing : 1 pinch (optional)
Salt : to taste
Chilli powder : to taste
Cumin seeds : 1 teaspoon
Besan flour : 1/2 cup (adjust the measurement if needed)
Oil : for frying
1. Except oil, mix all the ingredients with sufficient amount of water such that the batter coats the peanuts evenly.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
3. Once oil is piping hot, reduce to medium flame and add the besan flour coated peanuts. Loosen them with fingers in order to avoid lumps. Fry the peanuts until light brown.
4. Remove the roasted peanuts onto a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
5. Cool to room temperature and store in an air-tight container. Peanuts should be crispy.