Spincah-paneer rice makes a lovely meal. I’ve added cashew nuts to further enhance the taste. You can add yoghurt also if you like it.
Rice : 2 cups (wash and soak for 20 mins)
Spinach : 1 large bunch
Coriander leaves : 1/4 cup (optional)
Mint leaves : 1/4 cup (optional)
Green chillis : 3 (adjust to taste)
Ginger garlic paste : 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Onion : 1, finely sliced
Paneer cubes : as per you choice; sauteed/fresh
Cashew nuts : 6 (optional)
Bay leaves : 2 (optional)
Salt : to taste
Butter : 1 tablespoon
1. Blanch spinach, coriander leaves and mint leaves. Make a paste of these leaves along with green chilli and ginger garlic paste.
2. Heat butter in a heavy bottom saucepan. Add the bay leaves and saute for few seconds. Add oinon and saute till it turns light brown.
3. Add cashew nuts and saute till they change colour.
4. Add garam masala powder and saute for 5 seconds on high flame. Add the pureed spinach and saute for 2 mins.
5. Add 3.5 cups water (if you did not soak rice for 20 mins then add 4 cups of water) and bring to boil.
6. Add soaked rice and salt to taste. Add paneer (sauteed/fresh), reduce heat and cover with lid. Cook till rice is done.
5. Serve hot with raitha.
Blanch– Boil large quantities of water. Add spinach, coriander and mint leaves, cook for 2 mins and starin. Run through cold water.