This dish is prepared with besan powder (gram flour) and maida flour or corn flour. It goes well with all tiffins, chapatis, plain white rice and naans.
Onion : 1 big; finely sliced
Tomato : 1 big; finely sliced
Besan powder : 2 tablespoons
Maida or corn flour : 1 teaspoon (used as thickener)
Oil : 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1 teaspoon
Salt : to taste
Curry leaves : 1 twig
Green chilli : 2 (as per taste); finely chopped
Garlic : 2 flakes; finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
2. Add finely chopped garlic and chilli. saute for few seconds.
3. Add finely sliced chilli and onion. Saute till onions become translucent.
4. Mix besan flour and maida or corn flour in sufficient amount of water. Pour this mixture into the sauteed onions and stir till the raw smell of besan powder is gone.
5. Add adequate amount of water, salt as per taste and bring to boil. Boil the mixture till you get required consistency and remove from heat.
You can also add chana and urad dals, cumin seeds if you like them in your dish.