Pakoda is a perfect snack for rainy season. These onion fritters can be best enjoyed over an evening cup of tea or coffee.An easy to prepare and tasty snack that makes you crave for it at the mention of it’s name. Soft or hard pakoda can be prepared from the same batter. Avoid adding rice flour in the ingredients given below to prepare soft pakoda.
Gram flour/Besan powder : 1 cup
Rice flour : 1/2 cup
Onion : 2 big; finely sliced
Green Chilli : as per taste; finely chopped
Garlic : 1″; finely chopped (Optional)
Salt : as per taste
Baking soda : 1 pinch
Curry leaves : 2 twigs; finely chopped
Coriander leaves : 1 handful; finely chopped
Oil : for deep frying pakoda
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
2. Mix other ingredients with water enough to prepare a hard batter. The batter should not be watery.
3. Once oil is piping hot, reduce the flame. Use fingers to drop the batter in to oil to form small fritters.
4. Deep fry till the fritters turn brown and remove them on to absorbent paper.
5. Enjoy the hot fritters with a cup of tea or coffee.