This is yet another traditional Andhra dish. Easy to prepare and goes well with rice, roti, and dosa.
Preparation and cooking time : 20 mins
Cabbage : 1/4 Kg, chop into required size pieces
Toor dal : 1 big cup
Tomato : 1 big, finely sliced
Green and dry red chillis : as per taste
Onion : 1 small, finely sliced
Mustard seeds : 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves : 1 twig
Salt : as per taste
Garlic : 3 flakes, roughly mashed
Turmeric powder : 1 big pinch
Oil : 2 tabelspoons
1. Cook dal, cabbage, tomato, turmeric powder, green chillis together in a pressure cooker.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add curry leaves, cumin seeds, dry red chillis and saute for few seconds.
4. Add sliced onion, mashes garlic flakes and saute till they turn translucent.
5. Add the cooked dal, salt to taste and required amount of water. Bring to boil and cook on medium flame till you get required consistency.
6. Remove from heat and serve hot with rice, roti, or dosa.