Neerattu is my favourite sweet made of maida. Very easy to prepare and consumes less time to prepare.
Maida flour : 1 cup
Milk : 1 cup
Water : to prepare batter
Sugar : as per taste
Salt : 1 pinch
Cardamom powder : 1 large pinch (optional)
Oil : for frying or greasing the pan
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil to prepare a batter. Make sure there are no lumps. The batter should not be too watery (should be just like dosa batter).
2. As you can see in the picture, this sweet can be prepared in 2 ways.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Once oil is piping hot, reduce to medium flame, pour a laddle full of batter into the oil and let it settle. Once it’s cooked, it floats on the oil. Cook until neerattu turns light brown in colour, scoop and place on an absorbent paper.
4. The second method is to prepare it just like dosa. Heat tawa, pour a laddle full of batter and spread it on tawa. Drizzle oil on all sides and on top. Allow it to cook on one side, flip and let it cook.
5. Let them cool and store in a air tight container. This sweet can be stored for 4 days in refrigerator.