I came across this recipe in a Telugu newspaper’s sunday edition. Fell in love with this simple and delicious recipe, that can be prepared using leftover idlis, the moment I read it.
Idlis : 4 (Click here for recipe)
Onion : 1; finely sliced
Oil : 1 table spoon
Curry leaves : 1 twig
Mustard seeds : 1 tea spoon
Chana dal : 1/4 tea spoon
Urad dal : 1/4 tea spoon
Green chilli : 2; slit vertically
Garam masala powder : 1 tea spoon
Salt : as per taste
1. Mash or cut idlis into pieces of desired size.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add dals and saute till they turn brown.
3. Add curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Add sliced onion and saute till it turn translucent.
4. Add chiilis, garam masala powder and salt and saute for few seconds.
5. Add the idlis and mix well. Serve hot.