This recipe had been in my drafts a long time. I prepared vegetable fried rice with minimal ingredients. I’ve not used soy sauce as I have prepared it for toddlers. I’ve used capsicum, baby beans, carrot, mung bean sprouts, corn, green peas and cabbage. You can use spring onion greens for garnishing and chopped spring onion before sautéing vegetables.
Cooked Rice: 6 cups
Chopped Vegetables: 2 cups (blanch for 2 minutes in boiling water)
Finely sliced Capsicum: 1 cup
Sprouts: 1 cup (Optional, blanch along with vegetables)
Salt: to taste
Pepper Powder: to taste
Oil: 2 tablespoons (preferably sesame oil)
Spring Onion Greens: 2 stems; finely sliced (Optional
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok.
2. Add the blanched vegetables and sprouts, sliced capsicum and sauté for 5 minutes on medium flame.
3. Add salt and pepper powder. Combine well.
4. Add cooked rice and sauté for 3-5 minutes on medium flame.
5. Remove from heat, garnish with chopped spring onion greens and serve hot.