If you want to have a simple yet delicious one pot meal, try this mushroom pulao. You will be totally floored by its taste and will cook it more often. It can be eaten as it is without any side dish. For more information about mushrooms, click here.
Bay leaves: 2
Marati Mogga: 2
Cinnamon: 1″ stick
Basmati Rice: 2 cups
Mushrooms: 200 gms (preferably button mushrooms); quartered
Onions: 1 large; finely sliced
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 .5 teaspoons
Tomato: 1 medium; finely sliced
Green Chilli: 3 (adjust as per taste); finely chopped
Salt: to taste
Cashew Nuts: few (optional)
Turmeric Powder: 1 big pinch (optional)
Coriander Powder: 1 teaspoon
Water: 2.5 cups
Yogurt/Milk: 1/2 cup
Oil/Ghee: 1.5 tablespoons
1. Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Once hot; add bay leaves, cloves, marati mogga, cinnamon stick and sauté for few seconds.
3. Add cashew nuts, finely sliced onion, chopped green chilli and sauté till onion turn translucent.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell is gone.
5. Add finely sliced tomato, turmeric powder and sauté for a minute on medium flame.
6. Add quartered mushrooms , coriander powder and sauté for 3 minutes.
7. Add yogurt and combine well. Add water, salt and bring to boil.
8. Add the soaked and drained rice, mix well. Close the lid and cook on medium flame till rice and mushrooms are completely cooked.
9. Remove from heat and serve hot with raita of your choice.