Carrot – Egg fry is similar to my earlier post, Spinach-Egg Fry. I’ve learned the dish from our aunt, who cooks very well.
Onion: 1; large, finely chopped
Salt: as per taste
Chilli Powder: as per taste
Garlic: 2 cloves; finely chopped (Optional)
Oil: 2 table spoons
1. Grate the carrots and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok. Add finely chopped onions and garlic cloves. Saute till onions are translucent.
3. Add grated carrots and sauté for 3 minutes on medium flame. Add half of the required salt and chilli powder and sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. Beat egg yolks into a vessel. Add remaining salt and chilli powder and beat well. Pour this over the carrot fry.
5. Mix well and sauté till eggs and grated carrots are combined well. Remove from heat and serve hot with chapatis or rice.