Potato curry is a must whenever I prepare poori. It is also called as poori masala. I prepare this curry in 3 ways. Today I’m blogging the first method of preparation which is very easy to prepare. This curry goes well with chapati and dosa also.
Onion: 1; finely sliced
Green Chillis: 2; finely chopped
Curry Leaves: 1 twig
Mustard Seeds: ½ teaspoon
Chana Dal: ½ teaspoon
Urad Dal: ½ teaspoon
Cumin Seeds: ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder: 1 big pinch
Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon finely chopped leaves
Salt: as per taste
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Water: as per required consistency
1. Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and roughly mash the potatoes with the hand.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds.
4. Add dals and sauté till they turn brown.
5. Add sliced onions and chopped green chillis. Saute till onion turns transparent.
6. Add turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves and sauté briefly.
7. Add water and bring to boil. Add mashed potato and salt.
8. Combine well and cook till you reach required consistency. Serve hot with poori.