I came across this recipe in Telugu (Eenadu) newspaper 2 years back. Initially I was hesitant to try the dish as it doesn’t call for many ingredients. Finally, when I tried the dish, we were completely bowled over by the taste. Since then it has become a regular dish in our household. Coriander leaves and mint leaves are the main ingredients of this dish. I tweak this original recipe a bit to come up with another dish. I’ll post the second version also soon.
Chicken: 500 gms
Coriander Leaves: 2 cups
Mint Leaves: 2 cups
Green Chillis: 4-5 (Adjust as per taste)
Turmeric Powder: ¼ teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder: 1 teaspoon
Salt: as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Onion: 1; finely sliced
Oil: 2 tablespoons
1. Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillis into paste.
2. Marinate chicken with ground paste, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt for 20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok. Add sliced onion and sauté till it turn transparent.
4. Add the marinated chicken and combine well. Chicken oozes water. If it is not sufficient, add required amount of water. Cook on medium flame till chicken is completely cooked and all the water is evaporated.
5. Sprinkle garam masala powder and combine well. Remove from heat and serve hot with rice, chapatis or dosas.