I love this spicy fry which is too easy to prepare and tastes delicious. I got this recipe from a Telugu newspaper.
Tomato: 2; finely chopped
Onion: 1; finely sliced
Green Chilli: 2; finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder: 1 tablespoon
Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon (Adjust as per taste)
Turmeric Powder: 1 big pinch
Cumin Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder: 1/2 teaspoon (Optional)
Curry Leaves: 1 twig
Salt: as per taste
Mustard Seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds: 1/4 teaspoon (Optional)
Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon finely chopped leaves
Oil: 2 tablespoons
1. Boil potatoes, remove skin and mash them roughly.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
3. Add sliced onion and saute till transparent.
4. Add chopped chillis, ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
5. Add chopped tomato. Saute on medium flame till tomatoes wilt and oil starts separating.
6. Add the powders: garam masala, cumin, turmeric, coriander and chilli. Combine well taking care not to burn the mixture.
7. Add the mashed potatoes, salt and combine well. Leave on low flame for 3-5 minutes, sauteing in between.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapatis.