Chicken 65 is undoubtedly favorite starter/appetizer for many of us. I was in the impression that Chicken 65 is a fusion dish all these days. When I started writing this post, I was looking for more information on this recipe. As per wiki, chicken 65 has originated from Chennai, India. You can learn more about it here. Though boneless chicken is commonly used, you can also use chicken with bones.
Chicken – 500 grams (preferably boneless)
Yogurt – 1/2 cup; whisk till smooth
Rice Flour: 1 tablespoon
Corn Flour: 1 tablespoon
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Chilli Powder: 1 – 2 teaspoons (adjust as per taste)
Coriander Powder: 2 teaspoons
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder: 1/4 teaspoon (Optional)
Lemon Juice: 2 teaspoons
Green Chillis: 4; slit vertically
Ginger: 1” piece; finely grated
Garlic: 5 flakes; finely grated
Salt: as per taste
Curry Leaves: 1 twig
Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon finely chopped leaves
Oil: for deep frying
1. Marinate chicken pieces with turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and salt for 1 hour.
2. Add eggs, corn flour and rice flour to the marinated chicken and combine well.
3. Heat oil for deep frying. Once oil is piping hot, deep fry marinated chicken pieces in batches on medium flame till golden brown. Remove chicken pieces and place on absorbent paper.
4. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok. Add curry leaves, green chillis, grated ginger and garlic. Saute for few seconds. Add the deep fried chicken and combine well.
5. Add whisked yogurt and coriander powder. Combine well and cook till yogurt is absorbed by chicken. Remove from heat and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.