I got this recipe from my neighbour. When she said it can be eaten with bread too, I wanna try it immediately as I was having some whole wheat bread to be finished. It was a good combination and this soup goes well with idli too. Thank you Sangi for the wonderful recipe.Ingredients
Chicken: 250 grams; Wash, drain and cut into bite size pieces
Onion: 1; finely chopped
Cinnamon: 1″ stick
Coriander Leaves: 1 small bunch; roughly chopped
Turmeric Powder: 1 pinch (Optional)
Shallots: 12 – 15
Cumin Seeds: 1 teaspoon
Peppercorns: 15 – 20 (Adjust as per taste)
Salt: as per taste
Oil: 1 tablespoon
1. Grind coriander leaves, turmeric powder, shallots, cumin seeds and peppercorns in to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a pressure pan. Add cinnamon stick and saute for few seconds. Add chopped onion and saute till transparent.
3. Add chicken pieces and saute till pieces turn white. Add salt and ground paste. Cook on medium flame till the raw smell is gone.
4. Add 2 – 3 glasses of water and cook till chicken is completely cooked. Remove from heat and serve hot.
1. You can add some more water to achieve required consistency. Adjust salt and spiciness accordingly.
2. You can also add a green chilli while grinding the paste for extra spiciness.