Bread bajji is one of the easiest and tasty snacks. Amma came across this recipe in a TV channel almost 15 years back. Since then whenever we want to prepare a quick snack, this is the first one that we think about. All ingredients required will be readily available in the kitchen and this can be prepared in a jiffy. Removing the sides of the bread is purely optional.
Bread: 10 pieces
Besan Flour: 1 cup
Salt: as per taste
Chilli Powder: as per taste
Cumin Seeds: ½ teaspoon (Optional)
Water: required to prepare batter
Oil: for deep frying bajji
1. Cut bread into pieces of required size.
2. Sieve besan flour in to a wide vessel. Add salt, chilli powder and cumin seeds. Combine well. Add sufficient amount of water and prepare the batter.
3. Heat oil in a wok for deep frying. Once piping hot, dip the bread pieces in the batter and drop in to oil.
4. Fry till bajji turn golden brown.
5. Scoop out from oil on to absorbent paper.
6. Serve hot with any sauce or pickle of your choice. It goes well with pudina chutney too.