This is one dish that has been in my drafts for a long time. I’ve got this recipe from Sailu’s Kitchen. Since this has become a hit in my family, I prepared this dish when I recently went to my parents’ house. Everybody liked the dish. Thanks to Sailaja garu for this wonderful dish.
Rice: 2 cups
Capsicum: 1 cup thinly sliced pieces
Roasted Peanuts: 1 tablespoon (Optional)
Mustard Seeds: 1 teaspoon
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Salt: as per taste
For Masala Powder
Ghee: 1 teaspoon
Roasted Peanuts: 2 tablespoons
Curry Leaves: 1 twig
Dry Red chillis: 4; adjust as per taste
Coriander Seeds: 1 tablespoon
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Stick: 1” stick
Urad Dal: 1 teaspoon
1. Cook rice in 4 cups of water. Remove from heat, spread and cool on a wide plate.
2. Roast all the ingredients under For Masala Powder section. Once cool, grind and make a fine powder.
3. In the same wok, heat oil. Once hot, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
4. Add sliced capsicum and fry for 3 minutes. Add salt, roasted peanuts, cooked rice and combine well.
5. Sprinkle ground masala powder over the rice and combine well. Remove from heat and serve hot with any curry of your choice.