I learned this dish from amma. This is a simple and yummy dish.
Tomato: 1; finely chopped
Onion: 1; finely sliced
Salt: as per taste
Mustard Seeds: 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves: 1 twig (Optional)
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Coconut: 1/4 cup grated coconut
Cinnamon Stick: 1” stick
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander Powder: 2 tablespoons
Chilli Powder: 1 tablespoon
1. Boil eggs, remove shell, slit at 3-4 places and keep aside.
2. Grind the ingredients under Masala Paste to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a wok. Once it’s hot, add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add curry leaves and saute till they turn crisp.
4. Add finely sliced onion and saute till it turns translucent. Add chopped tomato and saute till it’s mashed.
5. Add the ground masala paste and saute till the raw smell is gone. Add enough water and bring to a boil.
6. Add salt and eggs. Combine well and cook till the curry reaches required consistency. Serve hot with steamed rice.