I want to try something different with liver apart from the regular fry. Chicken liver supplies healthy doses of many essential vitamins and minerals, but it also contains a large amount of cholesterol. Livers are rich in iron, Vitamin A and cod liver oil is commonly used as a dietary supplement. They have to be consumed with caution as very high doses of Vitamin A have the potential to be toxic. Hence, pregnant women should refrain from eating any animal liver as it is dangerous to the fetus. If you want to prepare this goat livers, pressure cook them first and use them.
Chicken Livers: 250 gms
Onion: 1; finely chopped
Tomato: 1; finely chopped
Coriander Powder: 2 tablespoons
Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon
Pepper Powder: as per taste
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder: 1 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves: few sprigs; finely chopped
Curry Leaves: 1 twig
Salt: as per taste
Oil: 2 tablespoons
1. Wash chicken livers and cut them into bite size pieces.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add curry leaves and saute till they are crispy.
3. Add finely chopped onion and saute till it turns transparent. Add finely chopped tomato and saute till it turn mushy.
4. Add chicken livers and saute till water oozes from them. Add coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and combine well.
5. Add salt, little water and cook the livers covered with lid. Add garam masala powder and pepper powder. Combine well and cook in low flame till all the water evaporates.
6. Remove from heat and serve hot with chapatti or naan.