I am not sure of where I came across this recipe from. I’ve been cooking it for quite sometime and it tastes yummy every time. This curry goes well any flavored rice or Indian flat bread.
Mushroom: 200 gms
Green Peas: 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Onion: 1; finely sliced
Tomato: 1; finely chopped
Coriander Powder: 1 tablespoon
Chilli Powder: 1/2 tablespoon (adjust as per taste)
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder: 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder: 1 big pinch (Optional)
Curry leaves: 1 twig
Salt: as per taste
Oil: 1 tablespoon
1. Wash and cut mushrooms into pieces of required size.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add curry leaves and saute till they are crisp.
3. Add finely sliced onion and saute till transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
4. Add finely chopped tomato and saute till it turns mushy. Add green peas and saute for few 3 minutes on low flame.
5. Add coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder. Sprinkle little water and saute till the raw smell is gone.
6. Add mushrooms and saute on medium flame for 3-5 minutes. Add salt, sufficient water and combine well.
7. Once gravy is about to reach required consistency, add garam masala powder and combine well. Remove from heat and serve hot with chapatti, naan or roti.