Adding yogurt to regular potato fry changes the taste to a great extent. I tried this version on the my hubby’s request. This fry goes well with chapati, poori and naan. I’ve already posted 2 versions of potato fry.
Potatoes : 4
Salt : to taste
Green Chillis : 4 (adjust to taste)
Turmeric powder: big pinch
Oil : 1 table spoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
Yogurt: 3 tablespoons
Chana dal : 1/2 tea spoon
Urad dal : 1/2 tea spoon
Curry leaves : 1 twig
Onion : 1; small, finely sliced
Coriander leaves : 2 teaspoons finely chopped leaves
1. Boil, peel the skin and mash the potatoes lightly.
2. Add salt and turmeric powder to the mashed potatoes. Combine well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add dals, curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves and saute till dals trun brown. Add sliced green chillis and onions. Saute till onions become transparent.
4. Now add the potato mixture and combine well. Sauté on low heat till the raw smell of turmeric is gone.
5. Add whisked yogurt and combine well. Cook on low flame for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot with any Indian flatbread.