Chicken: 500 gms; wash and drain excess water
Onion: 1; finely chopped
Cashew Nuts: few (Optional)
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Coriander Powder: 2 tablespoons
Chilli Powder: 2 teaspoons
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder: 1 teaspoon
Pepper Powder: as per taste
Salt: as per taste
Curry Leaves: 1 twig
Coriander Leaves: few sprigs; finely chopped
Oil: 2 tablespoons
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottom wok. Add chicken pieces and saute till the pieces turn white.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, salt and turmeric powder. Combine well and cook on medium flame till chicken is half cooked.
3. Add coriander powder, chilli powder and combine well. Cook on low flame till chicken is completely cooked. Remove from heat and keep aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a wok. Add chopped onion, cashew nuts and saute till nuts start turning brown.
5. Add curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves. Saute till curry leaves turn crispy.
6. Add pepper powder and saute till the raw smell is gone. Add cooked chicken, garam masala powder and combine well. Remove from heat and serve hot with any Idian flat bread or steamed white rice.