Peas Pulao is my latest addiction ;). It is so easy to prepare and a simple one pot meal. I usually prepare cucumber raita and (or) green chicken curry to eat with this pulao. I can promise you that you can never go wrong with this pulao.
Raw Rice: 2 cups
Green Peas: 1/2 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Onion: 1; finely sliced
Green Chillis: 4-5; finely chopped (Adjust as per taste)
Ghee (Clarified Butter): 2 tablespoons
Bay Leaf: 1
Cinnamon: 1″ stick
Coriander Leaves: 3 tablespoons finely chopped leaves
Mint Leaves: 3 tablespoons finely chopped leaves
Salt: as per taste
1. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamoms. Saute for few seconds.
2. Add chopped green chillis, coriander and mint leaves. Saute till the leaves wilt.
3. Add sliced onion and saute till onion turns transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
4. Add peas, salt and combine well. Saute for a minute.
5. Add washed rice and saute on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Add 4 cups water. Cook on medium flame till rice and peas are cooked.
6. Remove the lid and combine well without breaking rice. Serve hot with raita or curry of your choice.