I’ve previously posted green chicken fry. This green chicken curry is the baby of that fry ;). I usually prepare it with either chicken pulao or peas pulao. This curry also goes well with dosa, idli and chapati.
Chicken: 500 gms
Coriander Leaves: 2 cups
Mint Leaves: 2 cups
Green Chillis: 4-5 (Adjust as per taste)
Curd (Yogurt): 1 cup
Salt: as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Onion: 1; finely sliced
Cinnamon: 1″ stick
Curry Leaves: 1 twig (Optional)
Oil: 2 tablespoons
1. Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger garlic paste and green chillis into paste.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok. Add curry leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Saute till leaves turn crisp.
3. Add sliced onion and saute till it turn transparent. Add ground paste and saute till oil starts leaving the sides.
4. Add washed chicken and saute till chicken starts oozing water. Add salt and beaten curd. Combine well.
5. Add required amount of water. Cook on medium flame till chicken is completely cooked and you get curry of required consistency. Remove from heat and serve hot,