Menthi majjiga is buttermilk seasoned with methi (fenugreek) powder. Methi seeds enhances the flavor of buttermilk further. You will be completely overwhelmed with it’s delicious taste.
Yogurt / Curd: 1 cup
Green Chilli: 2; finely chopped
Salt: as per taste
Water: 2 to 3 cups (depending on the consistency you wish for)
Methi (Fenugreek Seed) Powder: 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder: 1 big pinch
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Red Chilli: 1-2 (as per taste)
Curry Leaves: 1 twig
Coriander Leaves: few sprigs; finely chopped
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Oil: 2 teaspoons
1. Add chopped green chillis, coriander leaves, salt, methi powder, cumin powder to yogurt and whisk well.
2. Add water, combine well. Check for salt.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottom vessel. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
4. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillis, asafoetida and saute for few seconds.
5. Remove from heat and add the tempering to yougurt mix. Combine well and serve.