Egg fried rice – a simple and easy to prepare one pot rice dish. You can add vegetables of your choice such as carrot, beans, spring onions, corn, capsicum etc.
Cooked Rice: 3 cups
Eggs: 2-3 (as per your liking)
Carrot: 1 (medium); finely chopped
Beans: 10-12; finely chopped
Bell Pepper / Capsicum: 1 (small); finely chopped
Vinegar: 1/2 teaspoon
Soya Sauce: 1 tablespoon
Garlic: 2 cloves; finely chopped
Coriander Leaves: finely chopped; for garnishing (optional)
Salt: as per taste
Pepper Powder: as per taste
Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan. Add egg yolks, salt and pepper powder. Scramble eggs and cook till done. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Add chopped garlic, carrot, beans and bell pepper. Fry for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Add the scrambled egg and mix well.
- Add cooked rice, vinegar, soya sauce and combine well.
- Add salt and black pepper powder as per taste. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.