I first came across this recipe in 2008 on Sailus food blog and since then it became my favorite. This recipe is almost the same as her recipe, adjusted to my family’s taste buds.
Chicken: 500 gms
Cashew Nuts: 10
Cumin Seeds: 1.5 tablespoons
Coriander Seeds: 2 tablespoons
Cinnamon Stick: 1″ stick
Dry Red Chillies: 5
Ginger: 1″ piece
Garlic Flakes: 10
Green Chillies: 10
Onion: 3 big; roughly chopped
Coriander Leaves: small bunch
Oil: for deep frying
Salt: as per taste
1. Heat a teaspoon oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, dry red chillies and cashew nuts. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Grind the roasted ingredients into coarse powder.
3. Add ginger, garlic, green chillies and make a coarse paste.
4. Add salt and onion. Make a coarse paste.
5. Add chicken and grind to a paste.
6. Add a tablespoon of oil to the ground paste and combine well. Shape into small size balls.
7. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Once oil is piping hot, add the chicken balls and fry till they are golden brown in colour.